Liu Shuai, male, Han nationality, a native of Linzhang County, Handan City, Hebei Province. The comrade was admitted to Anhui Agricultural University in 2019. In September 2020, he passed physical examination, political assessment, pre-service training, approval and military appointment and other formalities and was assigned to the army. Served in a certain unit of the Xinjiang Military Region. After arriving in the army on September 17, 2020, the comrade showed discomfort the next day and proposed to leave the army. After repeated ideological education and guidance by the army and his family were invalid, the Disciplinary Inspection Committee of the Southern Xinjiang Military Region of the Communist Party of China made a decision to remove Liu Shuai from his military service on November 6, 2020.
In accordance with relevant regulations, Anhui Agricultural University gave Liu Shuai an opinion on December 21, 2020, not to return to school within two years.
In accordance with the “Military Service Law of the People’s Republic of China”, “Conscription Work Regulations” and other legal provisions, the comprehensive school’s handling opinions, and the drafting leadership group meeting in Shushan District, decided to impose the following punishments on Liu Shuai, a college student who refused to perform military service in Anhui Agricultural University:
- Cancel the preferential treatment for conscripts, and a fine of 46,866 yuan (two times the family preferential treatment for conscripts in the Shushan District in 2020) will be imposed by the Amber Sub-district Office in conjunction with Anhui Agricultural University, and the fine will be handed in District Finance (Arrears remittance account number provided by the District Finance Bureau). If he refuses to pay the fine within the time limit, he shall apply to the people’s court for enforcement.
- Include them in the list of serious untrustworthy entities performing national defense obligations for joint punishment, and the financial sector shall not grant them preferential credit policies and preferential interest rates within 3 years.
- Shushan District Organizations, Human Resources and Social Security and other departments shall not employ them as civil servants or staff members managed by reference to the Civil Servants Law, staff from public institutions and staff from state-owned enterprises.
- Anhui Agricultural University shall not go through the formalities for returning to school within 2 years.
- The media units in Shushan District regard it as a negative example of violating the “Military Service Law” and notify the society.
- A letter to the military service agency in the domicile area, and the public security department in the domicile area should remark the permanent words “Refusal to Military Service” in the “Military Service Column” of their household registration.
- A letter to the military service agency in the domicile area, and the civil affairs and housing construction departments in the domicile area shall not include them in the scope of hardship subsidies and indemnificatory housing projects.
- Letter to the military service agency in the domicile area, requesting that the administrative examination and approval department of the domicile area shall not go through the formalities for doing business for them within 3 years.
This decision will be implemented gradually from the date of issuance and will be completed by the end of June 2021
Regarding the decision on the decision of Liu Shuai, a recruit who refused military service in 2020